Friday, April 8, 2011

Recycling cartons

Cardboard Gift Tags tutorial


The arrival of my husband's new bass amp has provided me with an enormous corrugated box to work with. I've been hooked on embroidery these days - so I couldn't resist using the cardboard to stitch up some gift tags for Valentine's Day.

I cut out a piece of cardboard and pressed a cookie cutter into it to leave an impression that I could work from. You could also trace with a pencil - but I find this is an easier technique to use with kids and there are no pencil marks to erace.

Using a blunt needle, pierce holes into your shape. I spaced mine about 1/4" apart.

Thread your needle with yarn and - using a back stitch - fill in your design.

This is a great way to teach your kids some basic stitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment